Many people have the knowledge required to attain wellness, happiness or vitality but it’s the commitment to daily rituals that empowers them to succeed. During the nocturnal hours, the detoxification pathways are activated and the body is in a ‘fasting’ state. A healthy breakfast can refuel the body, regulate blood glucose levels, prevent cravings, and load the body with essential nutrients. Your breakfast choice can influence how you perform both physically and mentally throughout the day.
Here are three simple healthy breakfast recipes:
Chicken and spinach Omelet
- 4 eggs
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1 cup spinach
- Organic chicken, cooked and diced
- sea salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
Wash and chop vegetables. Crack eggs into bowl and beat well. Heat non-stick skillet over medium heat. When hot, add coconut oil. Pour half of the beaten eggs into the skillet, allow it to set and then add half of the vegetables and meat to one half of the omelette. Once set, fold the empty half over top of the meat and veggies. Cook for 2 minutes or longer, then serve.
- 1/4 cup walnuts (really any nuts will work, though)
- 2 Tbsp. ground flax seed
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- dash of freshly ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1 Tbsp. almond butter
- 1 banana, mashed
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup almond milk (add more if desired)
- 2 tsp pumpkin seeds
- 1 handful of fresh berries (optional)
Pulse walnuts, flax seed and spices to make a coarse grain. Whisk together eggs and almond milk to make custard. Blend the mashed banana and almond butter and add to the custard. Add the nut grain. Add all of the mixture to a saucepan and cook for about 5 minutes stirring frequently. Sprinkle with pumpkin, cinnamon and berries.
Fruit Salad with Natural Yogurt and Cinnamon
- Guava, dragon fruit or kiwi
- Any kind of berries
- 1 green apple, diced
- ¼ Grapefruit chopped
- 1/2 cup pre-soaked almonds or walnuts, chopped (optional)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp. Natural Yogurt (could use almond or coconut yogurt if preferred)
- Place the fruit into bowls.
- Add Natural Yoghurt
- Sprinkle with chopped nuts (optional), berries and/or cinnamon.
“A healthy breakfast can refuel the body, regulate blood glucose levels, prevent cravings, and load the body with essential nutrients. Your breakfast choice can influence how you perform both physically and mentally throughout the day.”